With winter behind us, it is time to put away those heavy boats, hang up your snowy jacket and spring forward into warmer weather. The inevitable winter blues and cravings for comfort foods during the cold weather can wreak havoc on your hormones. This leaves you feeling bloated, tired and lacking energy. Your health is your greatest asset. Whether your suffer from PMS or menopause, it is time to invest in yourself.
If you’re ready to get a head start on your health this spring, my Hormone Reset Program is for you. My approach to balancing your hormones starts with :
- Tips to banish sugar craving and balance blood sugar
- Step by step guide on how to clean out makeup drawer and choose better hormone-friendly beauty products
- Simple ways to increase energy fast
- Easy-to-follow meal plans that are healthy and delicious
Personalized Diet Plans
Eating a balanced diet has always been a big part of my life. My mom is a Registered Dietician and growing up she made sure we had balanced, homemade lunches every day. I remember pleading with her to let us have Dunkaroos and Oreos like all the other kids! Now I couldn’t be more thankful for her guidance in the kitchen. She taught me how to cook quick, healthy meals on a budget, without ever feeling deprived or forbidding certain foods. I work from a model of abundance, not scarcity. My approaches focuses on adding in more of the good stuff, and not about restricting ‘bad foods’.
My interest in nutrition carried on into my Master’s when I conducted my thesis examining the impact of diet and lifestyle on gestational outcomes. You can learn more about my research by watching my award-winning Three Minute Thesis presentation HERE.
My goal is to help you find a realistic meal plan that suits your dietary needs and busy schedule. I don’t believe in prescribing fad diets or one size fits all diet. I use a whole foods approach that matches your specific dietary needs, food sensitivities or cultural practices. I absolutely love cooking and baking, and look forward to sharing my favorite recipes with patients.
Who Inspires Me in the Kitchen
Below are some of my favourite food bloggers and places to shop for food in Toronto.
Favourite Local Shops
- Rowe Farms – Quality meats from local farmers, midtown and downtown locations in Toronto; http://rowefarms.ca/
- St. Lawrence Market – You can find almost anything here! Prices are very reasonable, go early for the best selection; http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/
- Fiesta Farms – My favourite grocery store in Toronto, great prices and huge selection; http://fiestafarms.ca/